College Station, TX Guide for Students
Many adults claim their time at college was the best time in their lives. In order to make the most of your college years, it is important to find what the area surrounding Texas A&M University campus has to offer. Take the time to leave your TAMU housing on campus and explore the city. College Station, Texas, is full of entertainment and unforgettable locations that will make your experience memorable.
Museums in College Station
- Museums are a great place to go for both entertainment and education. College Station, TX, has nine different museums for you to enjoy. The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is a well-known attraction in Texas that focuses on the life and presidency of George H.W. Bush and provides 43 million pages of documents that you can read for free. Visitors can also browse through special objects given as presents from foreign heads of state. A special wing of the museum depicts the life and influence of First Lady Barbara Bush. The lovely sculptures and gardens outside offer a beautiful place for a walk.
- The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History focuses on the history of the Brazos Valley area’s plant, animal and human life. It includes fossils, Native American pottery, farming artifacts and an observation bee hive. This museum also hosts a discovery room which displays taxidermy animals and 15 species of live animals.
Study Spots in College Station, TX
- It can be extremely difficult to find the motivation to study. The idea of spending all day in a cold, boring and busy library may make this task even less appealing. However, finding your preferred study spot off-campus can make all of the difference. Sweet Eugene’s House of Java offers an eclectic atmosphere that will definitely not make you feel as if you are in a library. With quality coffee, you can curl up on a couch or at a table to optimize your study experience. As an added bonus, it also features premium baked goods for the perfect fuel to continue studying.
- Minuti Coffee is conveniently located near campus. It features italian coffee and gelato to keep you motivated. The Wifi is fast and the atmosphere is perfect for studying or relaxing. Make sure you get there early because wall plugs are limited.
- 1541 Pastries and Coffee is another prime study spot. Spaces are limited, but the homey atmosphere and high-speed WiFi makes it worth a visit. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is quiet enough to allow you to focus.
College Station Housing
- College Station, TX, offers a wide variety of housing options. Live in TAMU student housing on-campus for the college experience. If you do not enjoy constantly being surrounded by other people, you can enjoy the many benefits of the luxury apartments in College Station, TX.
- The Retreat at College Station provides you with the social activities of the dorms, but the freedom and space of having private bedrooms and bathrooms. With access to amenities such as a computer lab, state-of-the-art fitness center and clubhouse, you will be sure to find the features you are looking for in apartments in College Station.
Entertainment Near Campus
- The Grand Stafford Theatre was rebuilt to enhance the audience’s pleasure with professional lighting and quality sound technology. It now features both local artists and Grammy Award-winning artists on tour. For an enjoyable night of live music, head to the Grand Stafford Theatre.
- Hurricane Harry’s offers the pleasure of hearing a live band with the fun of western dancing. Visit their website for a schedule of music performances.
- If you are looking for an active way to have fun, Zoomz Paintball is a great choice whether you have a party or want to go with just a couple friends. Zoomz is open on the weekends until dark, but if you want to go during the week, be sure to make an appointment.
- Grand Station Entertainment offers activities such as laser tag, bowling, mini golf and an arcade. Spend a Friday night enjoying dinner there and then reasonable prices for a multitude of forms of entertainment.
Outdoor Activities in College Station
- When you are in need of fresh air, Research Park is a perfect choice. Take your dog for a walk or go for a run on one of the jogging trails. It also features a disc golf course. Use the vast amount of land to have a picnic or a game of football.
- Bee Creek Park is home to a public swimming pool and running trails. If you want a cookout, there are picnic tables and grills.
- Lake Bryan offers the perfect place to cool off and enjoy a day outside where you can go wakeboarding or windsurfing on the water, as well as spend time on land with camping, hiking or mountain biking.
Shopping in College Station, TX
- Historic Downtown Bryan offers a perfect promenade for shopping. You will find delicious restaurants and quaint stores. Main Street Mall provides one-of-a-kind furniture, antiques and gifts. With 5,000 square-feet of merchandise, you will be sure to find something unique.
- Old Bryan Marketplace is one of the most well-known historic buildings in the area. Its fireplaces, pine floors and glass doors make it a unique place to browse for items or merely sit for awhile. The eclectic atmosphere allows you to discover items you want without the organization of traditional stores. The friendly staff are willing to assist you with anything you need.
- The Benjamin Knox Art Gallery & Wine Depot has it all. Benjamin Knox was known for the way he captured the spirit of a place through his paintings and photographs. While at the gallery, you can purchase any of his work or custom frames for diplomas or art while enjoying a glass of wine.
College Station, TX City Guide
Overall, College Station is a rich and rewarding place to live. It will help you find the resources you need to make your college experience memorable. College Station combines coffee shops to facilitate learning, activities for an enjoyable weekend and a variety of College Station student housing options. The Retreat at College Station wants students to enjoy their time in Texas. Before you find a student apartment, learn about the city and the wonderful opportunities here. Then, find student housing that fits your needs and lifestyle.